Controller - Weekends
Local Care Direct
The closing date is 12 April 2021
Local Care Direct delivers a range of primary and urgent healthcare services across West Yorkshire. We have part-time vacancies available for Controllers over the weekends in our Bradley Contact Centre. If you are interested in working in our friendly, flexible organisation then please apply now.
Salary: £11.03 per hour weekdays, £11.95 per hour weekends
Location: Local Care Direct, Contact Centre, Unit 2, Longbow Close, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1GQ
Shifts Available (working across a 4 week rolling rota):
Saturday week 2 07.00-16.15
Sunday week 4 07.00-16.14
Sunday week 2&3 16.00-00.14
Main duties of the job
The Controller is based in the main Local Care Direct contact centre at Bradley, Huddersfield.
The role involves managing the requests for clinical services through the clinical management SystmOne, using protocols to determine the most appropriate contact for patients.
The Controller is responsible for the smooth running of services in real time including managing the patient transport services, primary care centre (PCC) appointments and home visiting.At times this may involve direct liaison with our partner Yorkshire Ambulance Service (YAS) to deliver a seamless 111/WYUC service.
This role will also be required to operate during any other contract that Local Care Direct enters into.
This role will include monitoring of primary care centre (PCC) diaries in liaison with Receptionists at each centre.They will also liaise with YAS operations staff to monitor activity and notify of any changes to primary care centre services as and when they happen.
A few Benefits of working for Local Care Direct are:
NHS Pensions Scheme
Comprehensive Staff Training programme
Opportunity to pick up additional shifts
Regular salary reviews
Free Flu Jab
Dedicated friendly teams
Nothing matters to us more than people - The way we treat our patients and the people who work for us; the way we do things and our commitment to keep our promises are what we value most.
We do what we say we will do and we do it well - Local Care Direct is a Social Enterprise organisation providing a wide range of healthcare services in Yorkshire. We are a community owned organisation, independent from the NHS and committed to putting patients first.
Job Title: Controller
Team: West Yorkshire Urgent Care
Shifts Available across 4 week rolling rota:
Saturday week 2 07.00-16.15
Sunday week 4 07.00-16.14
Sunday week 2&3 16.00-00.14
Base location: Bradley, Huddersfield
Line Manager: Contact Centre Manager
As a Controller you will be based in the main Local Care Direct contact centre. The role involves managing the requests for clinical services through the clinical management SystmOne, using protocols to determine the most appropriate contact for patients. You will be responsible for the smooth running of services in real time including managing the patient transport services, primary care centre (PCC) appointments and home visiting. At times this may involve direct liaison with our partner Yorkshire Ambulance Service (YAS) to deliver a seamless 111/WYUC service. This role will also be required to operate during any other contract that Local Care Direct enters into. This role will include monitoring of primary care centre (PCC) diaries in liaison with Receptionists at each centre. You will also liaise with YAS operations staff to monitor activity and notify of any changes to primary care centre services as and when they happen.
The role is central to the smooth running of both In-Hours and Out-of-hours operations. Excellent communication skills are required to be able to liaise with outside agencies, other healthcare providers and patients. You need to be able to work to tight timescales in a calm professional manner at all times. You will have a sound knowledge of Local Direct operations and be able to make decisions during real time operations.
1. Arriving at their duty station in time to be briefed by the staff member who they are relieving from duty.
2. The input of patient information on to the computer and also the updating of current computer records as an when required
3. Overseeing the workload of all Duty Clinicians to ensure the appropriate dissemination of work, to enable patients to be seen within an appropriate time span and to despatch the calls via the computerised system again liaising with Local Care Direct Duty Manager Taking and passing relevant messages using SystmOne (where applicable) and telephone to other Healthcare Professionals such as ambulance etc. as and when required.
4. Supporting the PCCs and mobile units by acting as central point of contact and providing information as and when required
5. Assisting the PCC staff, and clinicians as required
6. Ensuring that polices and protocols are carried out as set down by the Company.
7. Assisting in the implementation of any new measures deemed necessary by the management or Board of Directors.
8. Completing full written handover to managers/rota/finance as required
9. Making the operational managers aware of any problems or performance/behavioural matters concerning staff or clinicians. Also the documentation and reporting of any potential or real problems which may compromise the smooth and safe running of services.
10. Take, and appropriately process, calls from any centre or practice when the call handler rota is not operational, in addition to as and when required to support the wider LCD team and business streams
11. Any other administration/computer work relevant to the operational running of the Service.
In addition, all employees are required to:
1. Carry out such duties as may be reasonably required
2. Participate through performance review in matching organisational objectives
3. Take responsibility for the Health & Safety of themselves and others in the working environment
- On call Managers
- Duty clinicians GPs and ANPs
- Contact Centre Manager
Communications & Relationships
- Undertake effective communication with all operations staff through out the shift, this includes verbal, written and non verbal.
- Maintain a high profile of Local Care Direct throughout all communications
- Be responsible for building relationships internal and external
- Apply conflict resolution skills
- This team sits in the Urgent Care directorate and, as such, should participate in the achievement of organisational objectives in addition to achieving personal objectives.
- The control team is a key player in the smooth running of operations and is the front face of Local Care Direct
Health, safety and security
- It is the individuals responsibility for the health and safety of themselves and their surrounding environment.
- Mandatory training will be provided in fire, risk, evacuation etc
- The Controller will have a working knowledge of the business continuity plans
- Caldicott policies apply and all employees should operate in line with this policy
- Local Care Direct information governance policies apply and all employees should operate in line with this policy
- Patient confidentiality must be maintained at all times
- Individuals have a duty of care to children and vulnerable adults that they come into contact with whilst at work to safeguard and promote their welfare and to work to prevent, detect and report neglect and abuse, adhering to the companys Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures
- Attend mandatory and refresher training sessions / undertake e-learning as required
- To actively participate in the Performance Development Review process
- To maintain a Personal Development Plan
- Fluent in English language.
- Good geographical knowledge of West Yorkshire.
- Knowledge of Local Care Direct Services.
- Highly developed communication skills verbal and written.
- Example showing highly developed customer service skills.
- Example of ability to understand the need for, and ability to follow systems and process in place.
- Example of ability to adapt to change and cope under pressure.
- Example of ability to proactively build relationships.
- Health and Safety Principles.
- Example of ability to recognise the areas for service improvement.
- Previous experience of Dealing with customers.
- Excellent I.T skills and proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working in a 24/7 environment.
- Experience of use of systemone rotamaster and Vehicle tracking device.
- Experience of conflict resolution.
- Experience and knowledge of working in the Health care Environment.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Administration or Customer Service qualifications.