Local Care Direct
The closing date is 28 July 2021
Are you looking for a exciting new opportunity within a friendly supportive team?
Local Care Direct delivers a range of primary and urgent healthcare services across West Yorkshire. We have a part-time vacancy available for a Duty Manager in our Contact Centre working 36 hours per week flexibly. If you are interested in working in our friendly, flexible organisation then please apply now.
Salary: £14.57 per hour
Location: Local Care Direct, Contact Centre, Unit 2, Longbow Close, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1GQ
Working Hours: 36 hours per week to be worked flexibly
Main duties of the job
The Duty Manager will lead and manage the operational team within the LCD Contact Centre, being the single point of contact during out of hours for service delivery issues. Supporting the Lead Duty Manager to deliver business objectives and meet the CQC framework and targets at all times.
They will lead and managing the operational team delivery of Contact Centre services to meet the relevant contractual and performance standards within organisational and financial frameworks at all times. Along with providing strong real time leadership and people management to the Contact Centre Operations team.
They will promote effective teamworking across clinical and non-clinical staff within the team and effective cross-functional working with other directorates. Along with promote personal development within the West Yorkshire Urgent Care team
A few Benefits of working for Local Care Direct are:
NHS Pensions Scheme
Comprehensive Staff Training programme
Regular salary reviews
Free Flu Jab
Dedicated friendly teams
Nothing matters to us more than people - The way we treat our patients and the people who work for us; the way we do things and our commitment to keep our promises are what we value most.
We do what we say we will do and we do it well - Local Care Direct is a Social Enterprise organisation providing a wide range of healthcare services in Yorkshire. We are a community owned organisation, independent from the NHS and committed to putting patients first.
Internal reference number: LB3050
Job Title: Duty Manager
Team: Contact Centre
Hours of Work: 36 hours per week
Hours worked will be flexible over a 24/7 period. Shifts will be allocated at least three weeks in advance for two out of three weeks. The Third week will be a flexible week to respond to short notice absence in the rota. If no suitable Duty Manager shifts available they may be allocated Contact Centre Agent, Queue Manager or Controller sessions.
Base location: Bradley
Line Manager: Lead Duty Manager
To lead and manage the operational team within the LCD Contact Centre, being the single point of contact during out of hours for service delivery issues. Supporting the Lead Duty Manager to deliver business objectives and meet the CQC framework and targets at all times.
Leadership & Management
- Leading and managing the operational team delivery of Contact Centre services to meet the relevant contractual and performance standards within organisational and financial frameworks at all times.
- To provide strong real time leadership and people management to the Contact Centre Operations team.
- To implement the agreed Contact Centre Team objectives.
- To promote personal development within the West Yorkshire Urgent Care team
- To ensure that own teams adhere to LCD standards, policies and protocols and also uphold and promote this to the wider teams across West Yorkshire
- To promote effective teamworking across clinical and non-clinical staff within the team and effective cross-functional working with other directorates
- To be the point of contact for operational issues within the Contact Centre and the wider service area in operational periods.
- Identify and evaluate new and innovative ways for service improvements and cost effectiveness making recommendations to the Lead Duty Manager.
- Ensure own teams work within the Care Quality Commission framework at all times and promote continuous improvement/development.
- Real time monitoring of productivity to ensure agreed productivity levels from the Contact Centre teams and the Clinical hub are achieved.
- Work in partnership with LCD Support Service Departments to ensure appropriate levels of staffing are operating within an agreed framework which supports the recruitment and the retention of the LCD workforce.
- Work in partnership with LCD Support Service Departments to ensure Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure Business Continuity plans are implemented when necessary.
- Work with external partners, commissioners and other service providers to support urgent care transformation and integration of urgent care across all services.
- Work with the Lead Duty Manager to support change management principles whilst adapting to changing needs and new developments within LCD
- Work within the scope of agreed Business Objectives as set out in the LCD Operational Plan.
WYUC Out of Hours
- To deliver the operational management plan within the designated area(s)
- To monitor demand and manage any peaks in demand in line with the OPEL Protocol
- To ensure that a clear and accurate record of any issues that arise whilst on shift, together with any action taken are recorded on the daily handover document.
- To ensure that any changes to shift times worked or enhanced payments made are reflected accurately on the daily handover document.
- Real time allocation of resources to ensure effective patient flow.
- To ensure relevant performance data is monitored and used to support continuous improvement within service delivery
- To ensure appropriate and comprehensive root cause analysis techniques are used in the review of performance and corrective action plans are developed and implemented where performance does not meet required standards
- To be directly responsible for the day to day management of resources including premises and equipment in the provision of services
- To ensure that a regime of daily reporting of Significant Events is maintained; and that Significant Untoward Incidents are reported in accordance with LCD protocols; to support the Quality Manager in the investigation of SEs, SUIs and Complaints
- To manage staff effectively including staff attendance, training, performance and conducts and ensures issues are dealt with promptly and in accordance with LCD policy and standards.
Communications & Relationships
- To ensure agreed lines of communication and reporting are implemented within the team to support all employees understanding LCD business plans, objectives, priorities and changes
- To promote effective cross-functional working and that the team supports the achievement of objectives, standards and protocols of other directorates
- To consult and listen to comments from Employee representatives, staff and other stakeholders in order to develop ways that the service could be improved
- To attend internal and external meetings representing the Company and engaging in discussions appropriate to the role and level of the post.
Professional Standards & Organisational
- To uphold and promote LCD values and ensure these are translated into working practices and service design
- To maintain the highest standards of conduct
- To ensure that the quality of patient care and experience is firmly at the centre of activities
- Ensure LCD policy and procedure is adhered to at all times
- Contribute to the development of the organisation and ensuring it remains fit for purpose at all times
- Ensure the management and monitoring of the highest standards or safety and quality in the delivery of healthcare and related services, and manage risk within LCD.
- To ensure financial policies and procedures are maintained and the Out of Hours budget is adhered to.
Health, safety and security
- To monitor Health & Safety in the workplace and implement corrective action plans where breaches are identified.
- To ensure drugs and medicines are managed in accordance with LCD Policy and Protocols.
- To ensure the team operates within information governance protocols and business confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To ensure the department uses the Company systems fully and appropriately.
- To seek feedback on their leadership and engage with LCD leadership development.
Environment & location
- To implement the local Estates Plan
- Ensure staff work in accordance with LCD environmental management policy
Infection Prevention and Control
- Healthcare workers have a duty of care to patients and are expected to comply fully with the companies Infection Prevention and Control (IP&C) policies and attend/complete IP&C training, for personal and patient safety and for prevention of healthcare-associated infection (HCAI). Knowledge, skills and behaviour in the workplace should reflect this.
- Individuals have a duty of care to children and vulnerable adults that they come into contact with whilst at work to safeguard and promote their welfare and to work to prevent, recognise, respond, appropriately refer and record potential neglect or abuse, adhering to the companys Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures.
In addition, all employees are required to:
- Carry out such duties as may be reasonably required.
- Managing a multi-disciplinary team in a Health Care Environment or similar.
- Managing shift-based teams across 24/7 period.
- Effective operational leadership and management.
- Meeting Health and Safety requirements.
- Meeting contractual service targets and standards.
- Implementing change and leading others through change.
- implementing policies, procedures and working practices.
- Managing budgets.
- Experience working in a contact centre or call centre environment.
- Report writing.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills verbal and written.
- Analysing, interpreting and presenting data.
- Developing plans.
- Able to make critical decisions quickly and rationally.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to develop effective working relationships & professional creditability with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- Effective engagement and influencing skills .
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Strong working knowledge of IT systems including the Microsoft Office suite.
- Able to identify areas of continuous improvement within current processes.
- Use of root cause analysis techniques in managing performance.
- Project Management.
- Urgent care services.
- Regional geography of areas covered by LCD.
- Strong working knowledge of bespoke IT systems including SystmOne and RotaMaster.
- Level 2 English & Maths (GCSE Grade C or equivalent).
- General Management Qualification.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.