Emergency Nurse Practitioner - St Georges UTC
The closing date is 01 December 2022
Local Care Direct is a non-profit Social Enterprise operating across 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, to provide various primary and urgent health care services across West Yorkshire.
We are looking for dedicated Qualified Emergency Nurse Practitioners to join our team working part-time at St Georges Urgent Treatment Centre.
This is an exciting opportunity to expand your clinical knowledge seeing minor injury presentation of all age ranges referred from 111, ED or Walk-In.
Salary: £19.15 per hour to £20.73 per hour in hours depending on qualifications & experience (£24.90 to £26.95 out of hours - after 6pm Monday to Friday and all day Saturday & Sunday)
Location: St Georges Urgent Treatment Centre, St Georges Road, Leeds, LS10 4UZ
Hours: Various Part-Time positions available
Main duties of the job
The Emergency Nurse Practitioner / Emergency Practitioner will help patients presenting with minor injuries from all age ranges referred from 111, ED or Walk-In.
They will acting as a referral agent into specialities working as part of a multi-disciplinary team involving pharmacists, paramedics, advanced clinical practitioners, clinical support workers etc.
Shifts can be comprising of a mix of face-to-face and telephone assessment appointments.
Clinical Supervision and CPD is readily available with clinical team leader support and monthly educational training sessions.
Nothing matters to us more than people -The way we treat our patients and the people who work for us; the way we do things and our commitment to keeping our promises are what we value most.
We do what we say we will do and we do it well - Local Care Direct is a Social Enterprise organisation providing a wide range of healthcare services in Yorkshire. We are a community-owned organisation, independent from the NHS, and committed to putting patients first.
A few Benefits of working for Local Care Direct are:
- NHS Pensions
- NHS Discounts (Blue light card)
- Comprehensive Staff Training programme
- Modern working environment with a positive atmosphere
- Health & Wellbeing group to support staff
- Supportive and Friendly team
- Annual Awards focused on raising money to support local charity
- Opportunity to build a clinical portfolio in face to face, ED Streaming, Walk in Centre, Urgent Treatment centre, home visiting and telephone/video consultation
Internal reference: LB3289
Job Title: Emergency Nurse Practitioner / Emergency Practitioner
Base location: St Georges Urgent Treatment Centre
Line Manager: Lead Emergency Nurse Practitioner
Shifts Available (across a 4-week rolling rota):
- Tuesday weeks 1 & 2 10.00-19.59
- Friday week 2 08.00-19.59
- Friday weekly 10.00-19.59
- Friday weekly 14.00-21.59
- Saturday week 4 10.00-17.59
- Saturday week 1, 2 & 3 12.00-21.59
- Sunday weeks 1 & 3 08.00-19.59
- Sunday week 1 12.00-21.59
Practice, without direct supervision, as an independent healthcare practitioner within the Urgent Treatment Centres participating in care of agreed age ranges and presenting conditions.
Undertake assessment, diagnosis, treatment/referral and discharge of patients with minor illness and undifferentiated minor injuries
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently assess, prioritise, and safely discharge/refer patients attending with undifferentiated and undiagnosed minor injuries.
- Carry out x-ray interpretation of adult and paediatric limb x rays to aid diagnosis of musculoskeletal injuries
- Act as a referral agent and care co-ordinator by establishing multi-agency collaboration across the primary/secondary interface to meet the needs of the patient.
- Work within the parameters of current nurse prescribing legislation and approved Patient Group Directives.
- Provide professional and clinical advice within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintain accurate, contemporaneous electronic patient records
Research and Quality
- Demonstrate evidence based care, working within agreed guidelines and protocols
- Take an active role in research studies within the policy framework of the organisation.
- Participate in audit, data collection and activity monitoring to improve performance and inform future service developments.
- Actively promote integrated working in collaboration with other health care professionals both within and outside the LCD organisation.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, review and evaluation of clinical protocols.
- Ensure effective communication, participating in meetings and liaising with other professionals, services and agencies as required.
Professional and Educational
- Develop own skills and competencies through education, training and development activities related to the current and future demands of the role, seeking opportunities to enhance skills and knowledge appropriate to the role
- Understand and observe professional and national guidelines on confidentiality.
- Comply with the corporate governance structure in keeping with the principles and standards set by the organisation.
- Ensure clinical supervision needs are met.
- Participate in teaching and mentoring other health professionals and members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Participate in annual PDR process.
- Maintain a portfolio of development evidence appropriate for revalidation purposes.
The main duties and responsibilities shown above are not exhaustive but should merely be regarded as a guide. The jobholder will be expected to conduct any reasonable activities according to the business needs at that time. These will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The job holder will be expected to participate in this process and the company would aim to reach an agreement to changes
- NMC Registered General Nurse.
- OR Registered Paramedic HCPC / Paramedic degree.
- Nurse practitioner or Emergency Care degree or equivalent level training in related field.
- Additional Qualifications relevant to emergency or urgent care.
- Minor Illness Practitioner.
- Mentor / Assessor qualification.
- Prescribing qualification. (or willing to undertake)
- Flexibility in working hours.
- Flexibility in location of work.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and application to practice within the last 12 months.
- Understanding of training needs in relation to post.
- Previous employment experience of working as an Emergency Nurse Practitioner or Equivalent.
- Evidence of a range of clinical expertise.
- Experience of working independently in a healthcare role.
- Experience of multidisciplinary working.
- Experience of working to Patient Group Directives.
- Qualified Prescriber.
- Experience of X ray interpretation of upper and lower limb in adults and children.
Special Knowledge/ Skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written and non-verbal.
- Evidence of ability to work independently and accountably.
- Knowledge of current clinical and professional issues.
- Up-to-date knowledge of health agenda (local and national).
- Innovative approach to practice.
- Keyboard/PC skills.
- Awareness of the impact of evidence-based practice within nursing.
- Experience of change management.
- Evidence of previous contribution to service change or improvement.
- Evidence of development of others in previous roles.