GP Clinical Educator
Local Care Direct
The closing date is 01 November 2021
Are you looking for a part-time Clinical Educator opportunity working as part of a friendly dedicated team?
Local Care Direct delivers a range of primary and urgent healthcare services across West Yorkshire. We have part-time GP Clinical Educator vacancies working Thursday, Saturday & Sunday evenings at our Bradley Contact Centre. If you are interested in working in our friendly, flexible organisation then please apply now.
Salary: £62.00 per hour
Location: Local Care Direct, Contact Centre, Unit 2, Longbow Close, Bradley, HD2 1GQ
Shifts Available (Working across a 4 week rolling rota):
- Thursday weekly 18.00-22.00
- Saturday weeks 2&4 18.00-22.00
- Saturday weekly 16.00-20.00
- Sunday week 1 16.00-23.00
- Sunday week 2 16.00-00.00
Main duties of the job
The GP Clinical Educator will provide Clinical Leadership to deliver workforce development strategy and establish an Education Faculty. They will ensure the clinical workforce can competently deliver safe and effective patient centred care across LCD services on completion of education, training and induction programmes.
The GP Clinical Educator will lead clinical and educational supervision of a multi-disciplinary workforce that is flexible, skilled and capable of responding quickly to emerging services. Along with being the designated Clinical Lead GP for Physician Associates.
They will be accountable for the development and delivery of the clinical supervision policy for qualified and trainee practitioners. Along with supporting the clinical audit processes and feedback to all clinicians.
They will work closely with the Director of Clinical Governance & Quality, with respect to clinical governance and the championing of LCDs Clinical Strategy.
A few Benefits of working for Local Care Direct are:
- NHS Pensions Scheme
- Comprehensive Staff Training programme
- Opportunity to pick up additional shifts
- Regular salary reviews
- Free Flu Jab
- Staff Awards
- Dedicated friendly teams
Nothing matters to us more than people - The way we treat our patients and the people who work for us; the way we do things and our commitment to keep our promises are what we value most.
We do what we say we will do and we do it well - Local Care Direct is a Social Enterprise organisation providing a wide range of healthcare services in Yorkshire. We are a community owned organisation, independent from the NHS and committed to putting patients first.
Internal reference number: LB3039 & LB3040
Job Title: GP Clinical Educator
Base location:Bradley Contact Centre
Line Manager: Director Clinical Governance and Quality
Shifts Available working across a 4 week rolling rota:
Thursday weekly 18.00-22.00
Saturday weeks 2&4 18.00-22.00
Saturday weekly 16.00-20.00
Sunday week 1 16.00-23.00
Sunday week 2 16.00-00.00
Role Specific Accountabilities
- Provide Clinical Leadership to deliver workforce development strategy and establish an Education Faculty.
- Ensure the clinical workforce can competently deliver safe and effective patient centred care across LCD services on completion of education, training and induction programmes.
- Lead clinical and educational supervision of a multi-disciplinary workforce that is flexible, skilled and capable of responding quickly to emerging services.
- Be the designated Clinical Lead GP for Physician Associates
- Accountable for the development and delivery of the clinical supervision policy for qualified and trainee practitioners
- Supporting clinical audit processes and feedback to all clinicians
- Work closely with the Director of Clinical Governance & Quality, with respect to clinical governance and the championing of LCDs Clinical Strategy
Key Educational Responsibilities
- Be responsible for developing individual competency frameworks for MDT trainees
- Provide clinical supervision to the non-GP clinical workforce across all aspects of organisational service delivery including the assessment and declaration of individual competency
- Contribute to educational supervision of a multi-disciplinary workforce that is flexible, skilled and capable of responding quickly to emerging services
- Liaise with academic institutions to ensure that the learning objectives of individual practitioners and clinical cohorts are identified and that clinical supervision needs are met
- Responsible for delivering and compliance of the competency frameworks, ensuring the frameworks are up to date with local and national guidance in line with local and national academic and governing institutions.
- Work with Clinical Education lead and Clinical Governance Practice Lead to deliver training sessions for clinical development and maintain an annual educational training calendar
- Work closely with the Clinical Education Lead and Clinical Team Leaders and Director of Clinical Governance & Quality, with respect to governance of workforce development
Clinical effectiveness and audit
- Participate in the clinical audit of all qualified and trainee clinical staff
- Analyse audit data to identify the educational and training needs of clinicians
- Provide audit feedback to clinicians and provide support as appropriate
Health, safety and security
- Ensure that you meet appropriate standards and that corrective action plans are implemented where breaches are identified.
- To ensure you operate within information governance protocols and business confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Infection Prevention and Control
- Healthcare workers have a duty of care to patients and are expected to comply fully with the companies Infection Prevention and Control (IP&C) policies and attend/complete yearly IP&C training, for personal and patient safety and for prevention of healthcare-associated infection (HCAI). Knowledge, skills and behaviour in the workplace should reflect this.
- Individuals have a duty of care to children and vulnerable adults that they come into contact with whilst at work to safeguard and promote their welfare and to work to prevent, recognise, respond, appropriately refer and record potential neglect or abuse, adhering to the companys Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures.
- Understanding of academic institutions pathways and frameworks for HCP to achieving competency requirements.
- Understanding of the NHS services.
- Pillars of Clinical governance.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), listening analytical and influencing skills.
- Presentation skills and ability to articulate vision effectively.
- Ability to maintain focus on longer term strategy.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- At least 3 years experience in a GP role.
- Experience of working in a range of healthcare environments e.g. urgent, primary care.
- Clinical supervision of healthcare professionals.
- Medical degree. Possess a current and full registration with the General Medical Council (UK).
- Be on the GP register of the GMC.
- Evidence of recent continuing professional development.
- Clinical Leadership qualification.
- Teaching qualification.