IT Support Analyst
Local Care Direct
The closing date is 02 August 2021
Local Care Direct delivers a range of primary and urgent healthcare services across West Yorkshire. We have a vacancy for a IT Support Analyst working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, 06.00-14.00 or 07.00-15.00 depending on preference, along with occasional weekend work and on-call work on a rotational basis. If you are interested in working in our friendly, flexible organisation then please apply now.
Salary: £22,789 per annum
Location: Local Care Direct, Unit 1, Cartwright Court, Dyson Wood Way, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1GN
Main duties of the job
The IT Support Analyst will provide the provision of technical support for Information System Services and telephony platforms, daily administration of systems and relevant hardware and software, maintenance and preventative maintenance of systems, applications and relevant hardware, effective use of corporate policy to support the delivery of LCDs information systems platforms.
They will be responsible for the provision of logging and troubleshooting first line technical support to Local Care Direct employees located at multiple sites across West Yorkshire. Along with providingsupport to the Contact Centre operation by being present for handovers and available to support the function during peak Contact Centre hours.
They will escalate issues to the 3rd Party Support Team and/or the IT Manager in a timely manner.
A few Benefits of working for Local Care Direct are:
NHS Pensions Scheme
Comprehensive Staff Training programme
Opportunity to pick up additional shifts
Regular salary reviews
Free Flu Jab
Dedicated friendly teams
Nothing matters to us more than people - The way we treat our patients and the people who work for us; the way we do things and our commitment to keep our promises are what we value most.
We do what we say we will do and we do it well - Local Care Direct is a Social Enterprise organisation providing a wide range of healthcare services in Yorkshire. We are a community owned organisation, independent from the NHS and committed to putting patients first.
Internal reference number: LB3066
Job Title: IT Support Analyst
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week flexible across a shift pattern of either 6am/7am-2pm/3pm Monday to Friday plus some weekend work and the requirement to participant in a rotational on-call rota to support business operation..
Base Location: Bradley
Line Manager: IT Manager
To provide the provision of technical support for Information System Services and telephony platforms, daily administration of systems and relevant hardware and software, maintenance and preventative maintenance of systems, applications and relevant hardware, effective use of corporate policy to support the delivery of LCDs information systems platforms.
To be responsible for the provision of logging and troubleshooting first line technical support to Local Care Direct employees located at multiple sites across West Yorkshire.
To support the Contact Centre operation by being present for handovers and available to support the function during peak Contact Centre hours.
To escalate issues to the 3rd Party Support Team and/or the IT Manager in a timely manner.
To be a professional member of the technical services team, a team player and supportive of others.
- To provide first line technical support to the business across the entire LCD organisation and maintain its applications and infrastructure portfolio.
- To adhere to Information Governance and enforce all corporate policies and procedures.
- To maintain and administer the telephony platforms within trained scope
- To maintain and administer the corporate routers and firewalls within trained scope
- To ensure that data protection and associated policies are adhered to and ensure that all data and system security is always enforced and complied with, raising any areas or risk or improvement potential to line management.
- To support in maintaining the IT Asset Register.
- To be able to drive and be prepared to travel to other LCD operational areas and sites and carry out support or project requirements.
- To support the implementation of new services and service development and to take ownership of any tasks allocated to you in any project capacity.
- To participate in IT On-Call duties on a rotational basis.
- To work as a team member of the department and encourage an effective and professional working environment.
- To ensure there are effective lines of communications and reporting within the technical support area.
- To uphold and promote Local Care Direct values and ensure these are translated into working practices and service design
- To maintain the highest standards of conduct
- To ensure that the quality of patient care and experience is firmly at the centre of IT activities.
Health, Safety and Security
- To work within Local Care Direct Health & Safety Policy and Guidelines
Communications & Relationships
- To promote effective cross-functional working and support the achievement of objectives, standards and protocols of other directorates.
- To provide regular reports on the performance and development of the service, internally and externally as required.
- To ensure that the quality of patient care is firmly at the centre of the organisations objectives and vision.
- To ensure the management and monitoring of the highest standards or safety and quality in the delivery of healthcare and related services, and manage risk within Local Care Direct.
- To ensure financial policies and procedures are maintained and the dental budget is adhered to and that best value for money is achieved.
- To provide business cases as required.
- To operate and ensure the team operates within information governance protocols and that business confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To ensure all staff has received the defined company induction programme and core training for their role and mandatory refresher training thereafter and that accurate records of training are maintained.
- To ensure all staff receive an annual performance and development review incorporating the development of a personal development plan.
- To seek feedback on their leadership.
Infection Prevention and Control
- Healthcare workers have a duty of care to patients and are expected to comply fully with the companies Infection Prevention and Control (IP&C) policies and attend/complete yearly IP&C training, for personal and patient safety and for prevention of healthcare-associated infection (HCAI). Knowledge, skills and behaviour in the workplace should reflect this.
- Individuals have a duty of care to children and vulnerable adults that they come into contact with whilst at work to safeguard and promote their welfare and to work to prevent, recognise, respond, appropriately refer and record potential neglect or abuse, adhering to the companys Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures.
- GCSE English & Maths at Grades A-C / 6 9 or equivalent.
- Level 2 IT qualification or equivalent experience.
- driving licence.
- Local Care Direct Services and Operations.
- Experience in the troubleshooting and administration of Microsoft 365.
- Experience in the troubleshooting and administration of Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience in the troubleshooting and administration of Basic Network Troubleshooting.
- Experience in the troubleshooting and administration of Print Management / Troubleshooting.
- Health and Safety in General VPN Solutions.
- System and data access tools and protocs e.g. Smartcards.
- Communication skills, telephone manor, face to face and influencing skills.
- Administrative experience in a busy, customer-focused environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team working skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to translate requirements from Line Management and other business colleagues into tangible solutions.
- 1 or more years of using and administering Microsoft office applications and Windows operating systems.
- Experience using and administrating Office365 environments.
- Experience using VMWare environments.
- 1 year or more experience in a technical support capacity.
- 1 or more years experience of administering Microsoft Server and PC applications.
- Experience dealing with end users and suppliers.
- Experience of using Citrix.
- Cloud Telephony.
- Cisco Routers.
- HP Switching.