Lead Emergency Nurse Practitioner
Local Care Direct
Are you looking for an exciting management opportunity within a friendly supportive team?
Local Care Direct delivers a range of primary and urgent healthcare services across West Yorkshire. We have a full time permanent vacancy for a Lead Emergency Nurse Practitioner at our Wharfedale Urgent Treatment Centre. If you are interested in working in our friendly, flexible organisation then please apply now.
Salary: £22.44 per hour + 30% for working out of hours
Location: Local Care Direct,Wharfedale General Hospital, Newell Carr Road, Otley, Leeds, LS21 2LY
If you are interested in this vacancy we would love to hear from you! Apply now via NHS Jobs or if you require any further information please contact us.
Main duties of the job
This is an exciting opportunity to work based in Otley/Middleton with on-site parking leading a dynamic multi-disciplinary team involving pharmacists, paramedics, advanced clinical practitioners, clinical support workers etc.
The postholder will be the clinical supervisor/line manager for Wharfedale UTC. Clinical supervision will include:
- Recruiting & Managing new staff
- Probationary period sign off
- Managing Staff mandatory training
- Conducting PDRs and 121s
- Ensure staff have appropriate CPD
- Ensure the UTC is CQC ready
- Work with Acute trusts & other local health providers to implement new care pathways/promote innovation within the service
- Lead team meetings and suggest on ways to improve & enhance performance
- Establish clear lines of accountability and ensure that all staff are managed, supervised and trained
- Respond to SEs and complaints
- Work effectively with Lead Nurses & Clinical Team leaders
Nothing matters to us more than people - The way we treat our patients and the people who work for us; the way we do things and our commitment to keep our promises are what we value most.
We do what we say we will do and we do it well - Local Care Direct is a Social Enterprise organisation providing a wide range of healthcare services in Yorkshire. We are a community owned organisation, independent from the NHS and committed to putting patients first.
A few Benefits of working for Local Care Direct are:
- NHS Pensions Scheme
- ACP clinical forum
- CPD monthly training sessions
- Clinical guardian audit feedback
- Opportunity to build a clinical portfolio in face to face, ED Streaming, Walk in Centre, Urgent Treatment centre, home visiting and telephone/video consultation
- Opportunity to work more flexibly
- Regular salary reviews
- Free Flu Jab
- Staff Awards
- Dedicated friendly clinical managers
Internal Reference: RAF LB3051
Job Title: Lead Emergency Nurse Practitioner
Hours of Work: 37.5 hrs per week
Monday week 1,3&415.00-20.59
Wednesday week 108.00-19.59
Thursday week 111.00-22.59
Sunday week 215.00-20.59
Monday week 208.00-19.59
Wednesday week 2&415.00-20.59
Thursday week 2&415.00-20.59
Sunday week 308.00-19.59
Saturday week 308.00-19.59
Friday week 408.00-19.59
Tuesday weeks 1&309.00-16.30
Wednesday weeks 2&411.00-15.00
Thursday weeks 2&411.30-15.00
Base location: Wharfedale Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC) (also required to support St Georges UTC)
Line Manager: Clinical Services Manager
(Professionally Accountable to): Director of Clinical Governance and Quality
Accountabilities: Supervision, leadership and development of the UTC workforce (non-GP) working in Wharfedale UTC and St Georges UTC through PDRs and auditing
The postholder will be the clinical supervisor and line manager for Nurses & practitioners working in Wharfedale and St Georges UTC. Clinical supervision will include:
- Recruitment and ensuring all staff have completed relevant checks prior to employment
- Managing shadow shifts for new staff
- Ensuring new staff have completed induction and probationary periods are signed off
- All staff completes mandatory training
- Conducting PDRs (incorporating the development of a personal development plan that supports Revalidation process) and 121s (the Clinical Services Manager will have overall responsibility for ensuring the PDR process is adhered to
- Ensure staff have appropriate Continuing Professional Development and to support the wider education agenda of the organisation in liaison with the Clinical Governance & Quality team
- Undertake clinical audit and participate in the clinical audit meetings
- Ensure the UTC is CQC ready
- Work closely with Acute trusts and other local health providers to implement new care pathways and promote innovation within the service
- Maintain & implement a programme of performance review, performance management and support packages for struggling professionals where performance falls below standard.
- Lead team meetings and make suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the teams performance
- Establish clear lines of accountability and ensure that all relevant staff are managed, supervised and trained appropriately with regard to clinical services.
- Respond to SEs and complaints for the Wharfedale UTC services and feedback through Clinical Governance and quality team.
- Work effectively with the Lead Nurse at St Georges UTC and other Clinical Team leaders across LCD.
- Practice, without direct supervision as an independent healthcare practitioner within the UTC
- Undertake assessment, diagnosis, treatment/referral and discharge of patients with undifferentiated minor injuries and minor ailments
- Carry out x-ray interpretation of adult and paediatric limb x-rays to aid diagnosis of musculoskeletal injuries
- Work within parameters of current nurse prescribing legislation and approved Patient Group Directives
- Ensure the clinical team contributes to the LCD vision for integrated, high quality and patient focused health services
Clinical Governance & Quality
- Responsibility for ensuring clinical governance standards are maintained in accordance with company policy and protocols
- Liaise with the Clinical Governance & Quality regarding quality issues and maintain a programme of clinical audit within the managed services in accordance with Clinical Governance and Quality audit standards.
- To ensure appropriate and comprehensive techniques as defined by Clinical Governance Team are used in the review of complaints and corrective action plans are developed and implemented where nursing services have not met required standards.
- Responsible for flagging clinicians that are not meeting probation, or performance standards set with Clinical Governance Team & implementing supportive action plans agreed with Clinical Governance.
- Support Clinical audit for LCD using Clinical Guardian and attend clinical audit group meetings.
Infection Prevention and Control
- Healthcare workers have a duty of care to patients and are expected to comply fully with the companies Infection Prevention and Control (IP&C) policies and attend/complete yearly IP&C training, for personal and patient safety and for prevention of healthcare-associated infection (HCAI). Knowledge, skills and behaviour in the workplace should reflect this.
- Individuals have a duty of care to children and vulnerable adults that they come into contact with whilst at work to safeguard and promote their welfare and to work to prevent, recognise, respond, appropriately refer and record potential neglect or abuse, adhering to the companys Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures.
- LCD Services.
- Urgent & Primary Care services.
- Relevant IT systems.
- Excellent communications skills - Report writing.
- Presentation and ability to articulate vision effectively.
- Experience of clinical audit.
- Coaching and supporting clinical staff.
- Improving patient experience.
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- NMC Registered General Nurse/HCPC or IHCD Paramedic qualification/BSc in Paramedic studies.
- Emergency nurse practitioner or minor injuries and minor illness qualification minimum level 6.
- Valid current driving licence.
- Independent prescriber qualification.
- X ray interpretation qualification.
- Experience of working with PGDs.
- Supporting and supervising learners in practice.
- Clinical educator qualification.
- Current and credible recent experience in Minor Injuries and illness or Minor injury setting.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.