Overnight Booking Agent
Local Care Direct
The closing date is 22 September 2021
Local Care Direct delivers a range of primary and urgent healthcare services across West Yorkshire.
We have a part-time vacancy for a Overnight Booking Agent in our Bradley Contact Centre working an average of 14 hours a week.
If you are interested in working in our friendly organisation then please apply now.
Salary: £9.58 per hour
Location: Local Care Direct, Contact Centre, Unit 2, Longbow Close, Bradley, Huddersfield, HD2 1GQ
Shifts Available: Friday 23.00-06.00 & Saturday 23.00-06.00
Main duties of the job
The Booking Agent role is central to the smooth running of both In-Hours and Out-of-hours operations across Local Care Direct. They are a key member of the Contact Centre team and contribute to the delivery of a quality service and the maintenance of quality standards.
This role involves making calls and the accurate booking of appointments into the Appointment ledger for various sites and to input any new patient information on to the computer system.
A few Benefits of working for Local Care Direct are:
- NHS Pensions Scheme
- Comprehensive Staff Training programme
- Opportunity to pick up additional shifts
- Regular salary reviews
- Free Flu Jab
- Staff Awards
- Dedicated friendly teams
Nothing matters to us more than people - The way we treat our patients and the people who work for us; the way we do things and our commitment to keep our promises are what we value most.
We do what we say we will do and we do it well -Local Care Direct is a Social Enterprise organisation providing a wide range of healthcare services in Yorkshire. We are a community owned organisation, independent from the NHS and committed to putting patients first.
Internal reference: LB3103
Job Title: Contact Centre Booking Agent
Team: West Yorkshire Urgent Care
Shifts Available: Friday 23.00-06.00 & Saturday 23.00-06.00
Base location: Bradley, Huddersfield
Line Manager: Contact Centre Manager
The role involves making calls and the accurate booking of appointments into the Appointment ledger for various sites and to input any new patient information on to the computer system. You will be a key member of the Contact Centre teamand you will contribute to the delivery of a quality service and the maintenance of quality standards. You will have good IT/Keyboard skills and an excellent telephone manner.
The role is central to the smooth running of both In-Hours and Out-of-hours operations. Excellent communication skills are required to be able to liaise with outside agencies, other healthcare providers and patients. You need to be able to work to tight timescales in a calm professional manner at all times. You will have a sound knowledge of Local Direct operations and be able to make decisions during real time operations.
1. Arriving at their duty station in time to be briefed by the staff member who they are relieving from duty.
2. The input of patient information on to the computer and also the updating of current computer records as an when required
3. Ensuring that polices and protocols are carried out as set down by the Company.
4. Assisting in the implementation of any new measures deemed necessary by the management or Board of Directors.
5. To make outgoing telephone calls to patients in a polite and professional manner in keeping with the image of Local Care Direct.
6. To liaise with and book patients into Local Care Directs Primary Care and OOH Centres via system one, using appointment diaries across West Yorkshire.
7. To confirm and record accurately the demographic details of the patient.
8. To communicate effectively with the patient, in order to ensure that they understand the rationale behind the call queue process and system of prioritisation.
9. Any other administration/computer work relevant to the operational running of the Service.
In addition, all employees are required to:
- Carry out such duties as may be reasonably required
- Participate through performance review in matching organisational objectives
- Take responsibility for the Health & Safety of themselves and others in the working environment
- On call Managers
- Prescription Agents
- Duty clinicians GPs and ANPs
- Contact Centre Manager
Communications & Relationships
- Undertake effective communication with all operations staff throughout the shift, this includes verbal, written and non verbal.
- Maintain a high profile of Local Care Direct throughout all communications
- Be responsible for building relationships internal and external
- Apply conflict resolution skills
- This role sits in the Urgent Care directorate and, as such, should participate in the achievement of organisational objectives in addition to achieving personal objectives.
Health, safety and security
- It is the individuals responsibility for the health and safety of themselves and their surrounding environment.
- Mandatory training will be provided in fire, risk, evacuation etc
- The Booking Agent will have a working knowledge of the business continuity plans
- Caldicott policies apply and all employees should operate in line with this policy
- Local Care Direct information governance policies apply and all employees should operate in line with this policy
- Patient confidentiality must be maintained at all times
- Individuals have a duty of care to children and vulnerable adults that they come into contact with whilst at work to safeguard and promote their welfare and to work to prevent, detect and report neglect and abuse, adhering to the companys Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures
- Attend mandatory and refresher training sessions / undertake e-learning as required
- To actively participate in the Performance Development Review process
- To maintain a Personal Development Plan
- Fluent in English language
- Good geographical knowledge of West Yorkshire
- Knowledge of Local Care Direct Services
- Knowledge of SystmOne
- Highly developed communication skills verbal and written
- Evidence of highly developed customer service skills
- Example of ability to understand the need for, and ability to follow systems and process in place
- Ability to proactively build relationships
- Health and Safety Principles
- Example of Ability to recognise the areas for service improvement
- Dealing with customers
- Excellent I.T skills and proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience working in a 24/7 environment
- Evidence of Conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of working in the Healthcare Environment
- Administration or Customer Service qualification
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.