UCR Telephone Assessment Clinician - Full Time
Local Care Direct
Are you looking for an exciting new full-time clinical opportunity within a supportive team?
Local Care Direct delivers a range of primary and urgent healthcare services across West Yorkshire. We have two new full time clinical positions available in our contact centre within our Urgent Community Response (UCR) Hub team.
We are looking for clinicians coming from a variety of backgrounds (e.g. Physician Associates, Advanced Clinical / Nurse Practitioners, Urgent Care Practitioners)
The UCR service is a rapid intervention delivered within 2 hours by a team of skilled professionals, to provide the support residents need to remain independent and avoid an admission to hospital. LCD provide the single point of contact for this service & the team is made up of a mix of non-clinical care navigators and clinicians.
Salary: £25.04 per hour in hours + 30% for OOHs (after 6pm Mon to Fri and all day Sat & Sun)
Position 1 (Wed to Sun, 40 hours):
- Monday 10:00-18:00
- Tuesday 10:00-18:00
- Wednesday 10:00-18:00
- Saturday 10:00-18:00
- Sunday 10:00-18:00
Position 2 (Mon to Fri, 36 hours):
- Monday 08:00-20:00
- Tuesday alternate weeks 08:00-20:00
- Wednesday 14.00-20.00
- Thursday 14.00-20.00
- Friday 14.00-20.00
Main duties of the job
The Telephone Assessment Clinician will perform as part of a clinical team utilising all available technology to undertake remote consultations for patients of all ages and presentations.
They will provide evidence based clinical assessment, diagnose, prescribe or arrange a prescription, sign post and give clinical advice.
They will strive to improve performance and quality in line with Local Care Direct clinical governance and performance review procedures.
Nothing matters to us more than people - The way we treat our patients and the people who work for us; the way we do things and our commitment to keeping our promises are what we value most.
We do what we say we will do and we do it well - Local Care Direct is a Social Enterprise organisation providing a wide range of healthcare services in Yorkshire. We are a community-owned organisation, independent from the NHS, and committed to putting patients first.
A few Benefits of working for Local Care Direct are:
- NHS Pensions Scheme
- ACP clinical forum
- CPD monthly training sessions
- Clinical guardian audit feedback
- Opportunity to build a clinical portfolio in face to face, ED Streaming, Walk in Centre, Urgent Treatment centre, home visiting and telephone/video consultation
- Regular salary reviews
- Free Flu Jab
- Staff Awards
- Dedicated friendly clinical team leaders
Internal reference number: LB3104
Job Title: Telephone Assessment Clinician
Base location: Contact Centre Bradley
Line Manager: Head of Contact Centre Operations/ Clinical team leader
(Professionally Accountable to): Clinical Services Manager
- To perform as part of a clinical team utilising all available technology to undertake remote consultations for patients of all ages and presentations
- To provide evidence based clinical assessment, diagnose, prescribe or arrange a prescription, sign post and give clinical advice
- To strive to improve performance and quality in line with Local Care Direct clinical governance and performance review procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Practice within your scope of practice seeking advice from colleagues/GP where needed
- Undertake assessment, diagnosis, treatment/referral and discharge of patients with primary/urgent care needs within their clinical competence.
- Provide clinical mentorship and leadership to all trainee and peer practitioners within the workplace when required.
- Access clinical risk on behalf of the caller as part of an initial assessment
- Undertakes a comprehensive assessment using approved clinical assessment tool, evidence-based protocols, guidelines and professional judgement.
- Accesses a range of information in order to develop a joint plan of care in partnership with the patient and/or carer.
- Provides advice that is based on current evidence and best practice.
- Critically evaluates clinical information and advice for validity and reliability.
- Offers the caller/patient the resources to enable them to meet their own health need and accesses the most appropriate healthcare.
- Documents an accurate record of the consultation and evaluates outcome.
- Shows evidence of effective decision making.
- Manages time effectively and appropriately.
- Communicates effectively with other agencies and stakeholders.
- Develops effective interpersonal relationships with others.
- Demonstrates effective performance within the team
- Initiates, manages and responds positively to change.
3. Professional and Educational
- Participates in audit, evaluation and feedback.
- Identifies and complies with the standards laid down in the registrants Code of Practice.
- Maintain adherence to mandatory training compliance
- Maintains own Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Comply with the clinical supervision policy
- Exploits professional knowledge, skills and experience to the maximum benefit of the caller
- Actively promotes, develops and extends the scope of nursing and healthcare practice.
- Understands and observes professional and national guidelines on confidentiality.
- Reflects on practice and critical incidents using a range of tools, mediums and arenas.
- Develops own skills and competencies through education, training and development activities related to the current and future demands of the role and when requested to do so.
- Provides a safe and effective service.
- Works with the team to improve performance and quality.
- Participates in the organisations clinical governance and performance review procedures.
- Individuals have a duty of care to children and vulnerable adults that they come into contact with whilst at work to safeguard and promote their welfare and to work to prevent, recognise, respond, appropriately refer and record potential neglect or abuse, adhering to the companys Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures.
- One of the following: 1) 1st level Registered Nurse or equivalent professional qualification/registration with a professional body
- MSc / Post Graduate diploma in Advanced practice, 2) Paramedic HPC registration & MSc / Post Graduate diploma in Advanced practice, 3) Pharmacist GPhC Registration & MSc / Post Grad diploma in Advanced Practice OR 4) BA / BSc Degree prior to undertaking Physician Associate Programme and Graduate of an accredited UK Physician Associate training programme (MSc) & Successful completion of National PA Licensing Exam (evidence of six-year recertification exam pass where necessary) & Membership of Royal College of Physicians Faculty of Physician Associates.
- Prescribing qualification.
- Spotting the sick child qualification.
- Chronic disease management qualification.
- Independent & Supplementary Prescribing.
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written and non-verbal.
- Example of Ability to make independent clinical decisions.
- Evidence of good assessment & decision-making skills.
- Example of Ability to manage self and others within a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge to clinical practice.
- Evidence of Up-to-date knowledge of health agenda (local and national).
- Good understanding of primary care/OOH services.
- Example of ability to manage time and workload.
- Develop self and others.
- Aware of impact of change on self and service.
- Awareness of the impact of evidence-based practice within nursing.
- Keyboard/PC skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of a range of clinical expertise.
- Evidence of experience of triage (telephone or face-to-face).
- Evidence of Continuous personal and professional development.
- To have worked in more than one clinical setting.
- Minimum of 1 years experience in practice post qualification.
- Experience of working in primary care/ urgent care setting.
- Experience of managing paediatrics.
- Experience of managing chronic diseases.
- Experience of managing geriatrics.
- Experience of telephone/video remote consultations.