Clinical Governance Lead
Clinical Governance Lead
Salary: Band 8A equivalent
Shifts: 37.5 hours per week working flexibly Monday to Friday
Location: Flexible working (primarily Lexicon House, Leeds, LS7 2BQ)
NHS Pension Scheme
To lead the development and implementation of a system of Clinical Governance as part of an integrated organisational governance framework and to promote a patient-centred, learning culture across all services provided by Local Care Direct.
- Deputise for the Director of Clinical Governance & Quality in her absence
- Responsible for clinical governance procedures (significant event reporting, complaints management and incident reporting) ensuring these meet NHS and contractual requirements and are efficient in capturing, recording and securing information and effective in identifying learning outcomes, action planning and identifying changes to services and service delivery.
- Developing and implementing effective methodologies and tools for auditing of clinical practice for all clinicians in line with professional best practice and contractual requirements.
- Responsible for promoting team working across LCD and ensuring clinical and nonclinical teams adopt a multi disciplinary team approach to complaint and incident resolution and work effectively to identify and minimise risk.
- As the designated Caldicott Lead, ensure these principles are promoted, understood and adhered to across the organisation and that the Caldicott Guardian is fully supported.
- Contribute to the development of care pathways and service development including tenders for new business.
- Work with LCD stakeholders and business partners to ensure integrated clinical governance across patient care pathways
- Work with other members of the clinical team to provide effective clinical supervision and support programmes of continuing professional development for all clinicians.
To apply for this role please visit: https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/?vac_ref=915771060
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
As we often have many applicants for jobs at Local Care Direct, we regret that we will only be able to contact those applicants who are short-listed for interview. Therefore,if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, then please assume that you have not been short-listed for interview on this occasion.Click here to download further Job Details