Emergency Nurse Practitioner – Urgent treatment centre
Emergency Nurse Practitioner (RAF: LB2550)
Salary: £18.05 per hour to £19.54 per hour– depending on experience & qualifications +30% enhancement for working after 6pm Monday to Friday, all Weekend and Bank Holidays
Shifts: Various hours per week available, working across 7 days including Bank Holidays
NHS Pension Scheme
Location: St Georges LS10 4UZ
St George’s Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC) received official designation from NHS England in December 2018 and as such became the first UTC in Leeds to deliver care for acute minor injuries and minor illness within the community.
- The minor injury service runs 8am-11pm, 7 days a week.
- X-ray facilities are available on site every day until 8.30pm
- The centre can also, if appropriate, offer blood and urine tests
- Primary care, provided by skilled nurses, that can provide support for minor illness Monday to Friday from 8am-6pm
- Pre-bookable appointments through NHS 111 as well as walk-in appointments
- Provide direct pathways into acute services
- Have GP-led clinical leadership. It’s important to note that GPs are not on site providing care however the clinical model has been GP-led with skilled input from a range of primary, secondary and community health and care professionals.
We are looking to recruit experienced Emergency Nurse Practitioners who can practice, without direct supervision, as an independent healthcare practitioner within the minor injuries units participating in care of agreed age ranges and presenting conditions.
Undertake assessment, diagnosis, treatment/referral and discharge of patients with minor illness and undifferentiated minor injuries.
To apply for this role please visit www.jobs.nhs.uk and enter ref J168-A-19-2703
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
As we often have many applicants for jobs at Local Care Direct, we regret that we will only be able to contact those applicants who are short-listed for interview. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, then please assume that you have not been short-listed for interview on this occasion.Click here to download further Job Details