Advanced Clinical Practitioner
Local Care Direct
The closing date is 01 February 2021
Local Care Direct is currently looking for a dynamic and flexible clinician who can operate in a fast-paced environment across various sites in West Yorkshire, as a permeant and/ or fixed-term member of the team. We're able to offer a competitive salary plus enhancement during out of hours. As well as professional development, training and ongoing clinical supervision through our education faculty.
If you are looking for something different to in-hours primary care work, this exciting opportunity will build your ACP portfolio within various urgent care settings. As an innovative organisation which delivers high-quality consultations, we can offer you opportunities to develop your skills and experience.
If you are interested in this role or would like more information regarding the position, please contact one of the Clinical Leads via email at: Clinical.Managers@lcdwestyorks.co.uk
Main duties of the job
Practice, without direct supervision, as an independent Advanced Clinical Practitioner within various clinical environments, participating in care of all age ranges and presenting conditions.
Undertake assessment, diagnosis, treatment/ referral and discharge of patients with primary/ urgent care needs within their clinical competence.
Independently prioritise, assess, treat, and safely discharge/ refer patients attending with undifferentiated and undiagnosed primary/ urgent health care problems.
Act as a referral agent and care co-ordinator by establishing multi-agency collaboration across the primary/ secondary interface to meet the needs of the patient.
Work within the parameters of current prescribing legislation or approved Patient Group Directives.
Provide professional and clinical advice within the multi-disciplinary team.
Maintain accurate, contemporaneous records.
Nothing matters to us more than people - The way we treat our patients and the people who work for us; the way we do things and our commitment to keep our promises are what we value most.
We do what we say we will do, and we do it well - Local Care Direct is a Social Enterprise organisation providing a wide range of healthcare services in Yorkshire. We are a community-owned organisation, independent from the NHS and committed to putting patients first.
As well as being a part of a multi-disciplinary team involving GPs, PAs, ACPs, UCPs & ENPs, we can offer the following benefits:
NHS Pensions Scheme
Individual clinical supervision
ACP clinical forum
Non-Medical Prescribing forum
CPD monthly training sessions
Clinical guardian audit feedback
Opportunity to work more flexibly
Regular salary reviews
Free Flu Jab
Dedicated friendly clinical team leaders
Job Title: Advanced Clinical Practitioner / Advanced Nurse Practitioner / Advanced Practitioner
Accountable to: Clinical Governance Lead
Location:Local Care Direct Sites across West Yorkshire
Shifts Available: Various Full time and Part time positions available
Responsible to: Senior Nurse/Clinical Manager/OOH Manager/Duty Shift Manager
The Advanced Practitioner will:
- Practice, without direct supervision, as an independent primary/urgent care nurse/healthcare practitioner within various clinical environments, participating in care of all age ranges and presenting conditions.
- Undertake assessment, diagnosis, treatment/referral and discharge of patients with primary/urgent care needs within their clinical competence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently prioritise, assess, treat, and safely discharge/refer patients attending with undifferentiated and undiagnosed primary/urgent health care problems.
- Act as a referral agent and care co-ordinator by establishing multi-agency collaboration across the primary/secondary interface to meet the needs of the patient.
- Work within the parameters of current prescribing legislation or approved Patient Group Directives.
- Provide professional and clinical advice within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintain accurate, contemporaneous records
- Discuss patients continuing care with GP as required
- Take responsibility for continuity of care for registered patients
Research and Quality
- Demonstrate evidence based care, working within agreed guidelines and protocols.
- Take an active role in research studies within the policy framework of the organisation.
- Participate in audit, data collection and activity monitoring to improve performance and inform future service developments.
- Actively promote integrated working in collaboration with other health care professionals both within and outside the LCD organisation.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, review and evaluation of clinical protocols.
- Ensure effective communication, participating in meetings and liaising with other professionals, services and agencies as required.
Professional and Educational
- Develop own skills and competencies through education, training and development activities related to the current and future demands of the role, seeking opportunities to enhance skills in order to maintain current Registration and achieve Revalidation standards.
- Work within codes of conduct and practice set out by relevant professional body.
- Understand and observe professional and national guidelines on confidentiality.
- Comply with the corporate governance structure in keeping with the principles and standards set by the organisation.
- Ensure clinical supervision needs are met.
- Participate in teaching and mentoring other health professionals and members of the multi-disciplinary team, including GP Registrars from Deanery.
Infection Prevention and Control
- Healthcare workers have a duty of care to patients and are expected to comply fully with the companies Infection Prevention and Control (IP&C) policies and attend/complete yearly IP&C training, for personal and patient safety and for prevention of healthcare-associated infection (HCAI). Knowledge, skills and behaviour in the workplace should reflect this.
- Individuals have a duty of care to children and vulnerable adults that they come into contact with whilst at work to safeguard and promote their welfare and to work to prevent, recognise, respond, appropriately refer and record potential neglect or abuse, adhering to the companys Safeguarding Children and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults and PREVENT policies and procedures.
The main duties and responsibilities shown above are not exhaustive but should merely be regarded as a guide. The jobholder will be expected to conduct any reasonable activities according to the business needs at that time. These will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The job holder will be expected to participate in this process and the company would aim to reach agreement to changes.
- Registered 1st General nurse OR BSc in Paramedic Science/IHCD Paramedic qualification. (Minimum 3 years post registration)
- Advanced Nurse/Practitioner MSc/Post Grad Diploma With evidence of clinical competencies sign off.
- Level 7 Module of Advanced clinical assessment and management (30 credits).
- Consultation skills.
- Recognising the sick child.
- Chronic disease management.
- Recognised mentorship qualification.
- Evidence of a range of clinical expertise.
- Experience of working in primary/urgent care.
- Evidence of competence in the clinical assessment, diagnosis and
- management of adults and paediatrics presenting with undifferentiated diagnosis.
- No post MSc/Post Graduate diploma qualification experience required
- Experience of working independently in a healthcare role.
- Experience of mentorship, leadership and research in clinical practice.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and application to practice within the last 12 months.
- Understanding of training needs in relation to post.
- Effective communication skills: verbal, written and non-verbal.
- Able to work independently and accountably.
- Knowledge of current clinical and professional issues.
- Up-to-date knowledge of health agenda (local and national).
- Innovative approach to practice.
- Keyboard/PC skills
- Awareness of the impact of evidence based practice within nursing.
- Able to develop self and others.
- Aware of impact of change on self and service.
- Experience of change management.
- Evidence of previous contribution to service change or improvement.
- Evidence of development of others in previous roles.
- System1 trained.
- Flexibility in working hours.
- Flexibility in location of work.