Why work with us
Here at Local Care Direct, we’re a caring, dynamic, innovative organisation where you’ll have the opportunity to work a variety of shifts for different services that operate 24 hours a day. As part of our Clinical Bank Workforce, you’ll get to choose when and how often you’d like to work, enjoy benefits such as support from our Educational Faculty, and develop your skills whilst working autonomously within an integrated multi-disciplinary team.
Would you like to join our Clinical Bank Workforce?
We're looking for Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Dual Trained Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Emergency Nurse Practitioners, and Urgent Care Practitioners to work flexibly in our Clinical Bank Workforce.
Why work with us
What will you do here at Local Care Direct?
With the opportunity to work in 17 sites across West Yorkshire, you could be doing telephone triage for our NHS111 front ended service, carrying out covid safe face-to-face appointments in our Primary Care Centres (PCC) and Urgent Treatment Centres (UTC), or doing home visits with our drivers. This is a great opportunity for you to use all of your skills and expertise whilst providing assessment, diagnosis, treatment, advice, referral and discharge of patients.
What benefits will you have access to?
- access to our specialists in pharmacy, safeguarding, IP&C, palliative care, information governance and more
- access to a clinical on-call lead to provide guidance should you need it
- opportunities to work alongside GPs, Physician Associates and Pharmacists, as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- access to our Educational Faculty and online learning centre
- the opportunity to work flexibly various shifts patterns across 17 locations, and
- comparable rates of pay and access to the NHS pension scheme.
Our core values at LCD
- We are open and honest
- We are professional
- We respect each other
- We inform, involve and listen
- We do what we say we will do
- We support each other
In our last survey, 86% of colleagues told us they would recommend Local Care Direct as a great place to work
“Good place to work. Enjoyable. Structured and organised. Always someone to ask help from.”
“Great work environment, helpful and supportive colleagues and interesting work”
“lcd is a great place to work… I’m a carer for a very poorly child and lcd has always been supportive and and flexible with my working days and hours. everyone from colleagues to my line manger have been very understanding. I couldn’t have asked for a better place to work”
*Please note, we are currently reviewing our Job Descriptions and will update these shortly. If you have any questions about the job descriptions please contact HR@Lcdwestyorks.nhs.uk